Little Nepal, Burwod

All right,

Little Nepal has been there for ages and I have written previously on this little eatery in Burwood. Today I write for this one again, because I usually seem to visit on Tuesdays particularly.

This eatery has changed management a few times, but its always consistent. On Tuesdays, I am usually a vegetarian and I usually prefer to cook home. Why? Because vegetarian dishes are usually the regular greasy curry's. I usually prefer in Tuesdays to have something which is light, mildly spiced and interesting. And that is exactly why I visit Little Nepal.

They do this vegetarian Thali. Now for my non Indian readers, Thali is basically a plate with all the dishes in small portions arranged for eating. In this case, the vegetarian thali has the basic rice, along with a dal. the Dal is the green and black daal, cooked beautifully. Its like a home dal, not spicy at all. Along with it is the pickled potato, which is cold diced potatoes, slightly tangy. I love this one. Along with it comes the sautéed greens, which a simple spinach, stir fried in garlic and a red chilli. Last little bowl has the vegetarian curry, which is a simple curry with cauliflower, beans, potato and mixed veggies.  I do order the pappadums on the sides, although they are deep fried which probably makes me winch.

Overall, I love it and would come here any day for the vegetarian thali. My older blog on Little Nepal is on this link.



Comments