Din Tai Fung, Sydney

Din Tai Fung

Shrimp and Pork Fried Wonton
Kung Pao Chicken with noodles
Now this one should be a no brainer given that it’s so famous and all across the world. Over the years in Sydney, I have always seen this one at the Westfield mall at City and due to being a non-pork eater, I hadn’t tried this for a long time. Luckily, things have changed and I started with the bacon and pork mince and hello Din Tai Fung. To Begin with, I have tried three locations so far in Sydney, one in North Sydney at Greenwood Plaza, the other at Westfield Mall at Pitt Street and latest at World Square, near Town Hall station. It would be quite a coincidence that in the last 4 weeks, I end up at Din Tai Fung every Thursday.

Dim Sum Roulette 
To begin with, Din Tai Fung’s core business is dim sums and buns. I have tried the pork dumplings and they are amazing. I have always believed that dumplings are something which have to be hot steamed and juicy. Back in India, I recall original dumplings or Momo’s as they call it in Tibetian cuisine, which were so juicy and the moment you pop them in your mouth, in one whole bite, all the juices of the meat kind of squirt out and there is this amazing explosion of flavours. When I came to Sydney, and tried dumplings, which are a bit different and tried them, I missed the juiciness in Momo’s. But that was only until recently in Din Tai Fung.

Pork Dumplings
Perfectly sealed delicate dumplings sealed and steamed and you pop them in your mouth and its instant nirvana. So to begin with, the pork dumplings are awesome. What Din Tai Fung does, is provide you with a set of dumplings, on a plate with roulette and one of the dumplings has chilli in it. Unfortunately, the first one I had was the chilli one and boy it was hot.  Super Super hot. But all the rest of them were normal and I loved it. There was also the chicken dumplings, but that was about okay. Nothing as tasty as the pork ones.
Wontons in Spicy Sauce
The fried pork and shrimp wantons are also great. Crispy, tasty and served with mayonnaise. It’s really nice and delicious.  The Kung Pao Chicken is another of my favourite, which comes with spicy chicken, cashews, greens and red chilli. Lovely. I have had the disk by itself or with fried rice and its great. Kung Pao chicken with noodles were probably not that great as much as it is by itself as a starter or with fried rice.
There is also the spicy Shrimp and Pork Wontons, which are basically wontons served in a delicious spicy sauce.

For vegetarian, they do the vegetarian dim sums, which has a stuffing of spinach and veggies. Its quite good, as much as I hate to admit that I would have ever liked veggie dimsums.

Overall it’s a great place and I love visiting and love to recommend it as well. I do find it a little bit expensive, 4 dim sums for 6 or 7 bucks, but nonetheless, there is always a price for the great things in life and this is one of them

So overall, I do think they match up to there claim of being the most delicious dumplings in the world. Highly recommended.


WORLD SQUARE, WORLD SQUARE SHOPPING CENTRE
SHOP 11.04, LEVEL 1, 644 GEORGE ST, SYDNEY
PH: (02) 9264 6010
WESTFIELD SYDNEY, CAFE COURT, SHOP K504/5, LEVEL 5, 188 PITT ST , SYDNEY
PH: (02) 8246 7032

GREENWOOD PLAZA, SHOP P45, PLAZA LEVEL, 36 BLUE ST, NORTH SYDNEY
PH: (02) 8033 2353


Din Tai Fung Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato  

Comments